I was glad when they said unto me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
Are you planning a Visit to Highland Avenue?
You may have some questions for us before you arrive, and we would like to give you some answers. If any of your questions have not been answered here, please contact us.
What time do services begin?
- Wednesdays at 7 pm - 8 pm (Mid-Week Oasis)
- Saturdays at 10:15 am - 11: 15 am (Bible Study, known as Sabbath School)
- Saturdays at 11:30 am - 1:00 pm (Divine Hour Program)
What are your services like?
- Imagine a huge family that is excited about giving thanks, coming together to worship the Creator; that is what worship is like at Highland.
- To begin the worship experience, one of our pastors will welcome members and visitors. During this time, we also greet each other with warm smiles and hugs. Our worship programs are about giving praise to God for His continued blessings, therefore music is an integral part of our worship. Following praise and worship, we come together for prayer as a church family to confess our sins, thank Him for His blessings, and ask for grace. After we collect the offering and have a song of meditation, there is a sermon - which typically lasts about 40 minutes. We end with a final blessing.
How do I find my way around?
- When you arrive in the lobby, you will be greeted by someone from Guest Relations or an usher. Rest rooms and children's Sabbath school are located down the hall, on the left. The Sanctuary is on the right. If you have questions, one of our ushers will be happy to assist you.
What is the typical attire?
- Before God and at Highland, you are welcome to come in what you have available. There is no set standard or rule for attire at Highland Avenue. You are coming before God who loves you and longs to spend time with you. His presence is powerful, therefore we come before Him in humility of heart first and reverence in everything else.
Is child care available?
- Yes, we have Sabbath school for young children. We also have a room especially for mothers with toddlers and infants.
Is lunch served?
- Generations Fellowship Lunch is held the second Sabbath (Saturday) of each month.
Is transportation available?
- Transportation is available; please call the church office (269-926-8872) on Fridays to make arrangements.
Is there parking space?
- Yes, we have a wide area for parking and you won't have trouble finding space.